Thursday 27 March 2014

Friendship


In this world, In today's society the true meaning of friendship has been lost due to the introduction of social media, and the race to have more "friends" on your Facebook page than your classmates. This action of adding a name to a list, is not friendship. After all how many of you really know each person on your page to the point you can trust them. Friendship means faith, loyalty and understanding of each-other, it has nothing to do with a handsome face next to a unknown name. I will admit I am guilty of not knowing some of the people on my list, of not even talking to them, they are simply names and an addition to the overall number.



However the friends I have, that have seen me at my worst and protected me when I did not have the strength to do so, they are far more than numbers, they are trusted. I am lucky to be in that rare position of loving my friends, but having fallen in love with one of my best friends. He now knows every flaw and every source of pain in my life. If I lock he knows exactly how to fix it, what to do and who to call.



To be able to chill and relax around your friends and not hide your pain is rare, but it is also a blessing. My friends have seen me cry, heard me scream while struggling to move as they help me to my feet. If they stay after such a reaction or "episode" then I know I can trust them, and put my faith in them when my body fails me.



These friends don't know how much I respect them and how much their simple actions mean to me. I doubt they ever will, but I will never stop loving them because they never ask for anything in return.

Ask yourself, who is your true friend? and what would your life be without them?

Remember you are never alone in the fight.



Kind Regards

Jordan

2 comments: