Wednesday 2 April 2014

A lesson

If there is one thing I have learnt this week is things do get worse, but they can also get better. Sometimes I find myself in so much pain I no longer have the energy to cry, or walk to get my painkillers. Yet on those days all someone needs to do is ask, three simple words..."Are you okay?" I find more often than not than I lie and say "I'm fine" or "Great", but on that odd day I choose to tell the truth, and that person really dose stand in front of me, or sit next to me, and listen to my feelings. It isn't until I am finished they make a single, yet simple gesture of a hug.

I don't know what is it about a hug, but from the right person it can take away all the pain. It can fill that empty whole that has been stuck in your chest for days. It is this action of trust, love and respect that takes away even your greatest fear. The feelings you just shared seem to disappear with every breathe you take in and everyone you let out.

My point is, that even when things are at their darkest, take a moment to breathe, and remember your friends, your family and tell yourself you will smile again tomorrow. If it is someone you love or care for that is in pain or feeling low, don't ignore them, don't crowd them just wait and ask them how they are. If they tell you then listen and that in its self helps more than many will know.

Remember you are never alone in the fight, there is always someone who will listen. Feel free to share your story on the main page, and I will listen.

Kind Regards

Your Friend

Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment