Monday 15 February 2016

Moving On

It has been a while since my last update, I have had a long year, with many ups and downs. To start of this is 2016, there is snow outside, and I am still alive, despite the efforts of my illness. When New Year came round I was surprised, I wasn't ill, nor was is in hospital or curled up in bed. I was happy. 

Now we are in yet another year and I am almost finished my college course, it has been educational to say the least. I have added to my skill set and now know how to code, and program and put together my own PC. This time last year I was being told I would not be able to attend University. I was cancelling all my plans to move on with my life, and past the pain of my conditions. Now, I am finally planning on moving out. I have regained some control over my illness-even if it’s only a little bit. I am getting my life back. 

University asks, why I want to study their course? Why media? Why journalism? Why production? The answer is simple, I want to help people. I love all things in the creative industries. I love words, films, news etc....because all of these things have the power to change someone’s life. They have the power to make a difference, even if it’s only to one person. This is a skill I will have one day. This is a skill the course can provide for me. 

I know the area has hundreds of applications every year, and I know I have been ill and have not got any highers, but I have experience, and a passion for the subject. In the coming week I will be attending interviews for different courses, and all I can ask them for is a chance. 

However even if I get no offers to attend a course, I will still move to Glasgow, I will still keep working on getting my chosen career, because last year, I gave up. I didn't want to but I did, and I have never been more ashamed. This year my condition is not going to get in the way of anything. I will not give up my dream.

Ask yourself, have you ever given up something and lived to regret it? Can you still do it? Would you change your mind? 

You’re Friend 
Jordy

No comments:

Post a Comment